How to Copy Paste Traceroute results
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
In some cases you may need to copy-paste your results to save them as a Word document, .txt file or simply paste them in an email so you can send them to us. Here’s some advice on how to do that.
Command Prompt for Microsoft Windows
- Right-click in the black window and select Mark. A highlighter cursor will show up on the text.
- Use the up/down arrow keys on your keyboard, move the cursor to the beginning of the text you wish to select.
- Hold down the Shift key and use the down/right arrow keys on your keyboard to highlight the entire block of text you wish to copy, then simply press the Enter key. Please note that the usual CTRL+C shortcut will not successfully copy the text; you must use the Enter key while the text is highlighted.
- The text is now copied. Open Word, Notepad or any other text editor or email program and use CTRL+V to paste the copied text.
Network Utility for Mac OSX
- Simply click and drag the cursor to select the text you’d like to copy.
- Either right-click on the highlighted text and select Copy, or use the COMMAND+C shortcut on your keyboard to copy your text.
- The text is now copied. Open TextEdit or any other text editor or email program and use COMMAND+V to paste the copied text.
As usual, if you happen to run into some problem while following the steps, please make sure to let us know in the comment section below, and we’ll do our best to solve it. Apart from that, you can contact us on Facebook and Twitter, however we can’t guarantee you an as rapid a reaction time over on those platform